Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Episode 8 - the one where they learn where kir comes from...

Dear K&K,

8 is my favorite number. It's a lucky number in Chinese. I was married on 8-8-08. Means wealth and prosperity to the Chinese. Alicia is listening to Episode 8 on 10/8/08!

Ok. enough about 8.

Katia gets new glasses. I need to get my eyes checked.

K&K went to see Pan's Labarynth. SCARY movie. I had bad dreams after seeing that movie. That movie was not all fantasy. Ewww.. sugar popcorn! Like kettle corn? The pumpkin patch I went to this past weekend had kettle corn.

No pretzels in the movie theater in Paris? That sucks.

Come on K&K...say the movie was scary.... say it... nope.

Next topic!

Katia is talking about corresponding with neighbors in Paris. I don't chat with my neighbors much. The family a few houses down gave us peanut butter cookies when we moved in. I think this particular family has quintuplets. All 5 kids look alike and look the same age. I can't imagine have 5 kids all the same age.

Yummy. Kir sounds yummy.

Neopets! More talk about Neopets!

Back to Paris. Riots in Paris sound really scary.

Kylie is studying English in Paris. Hilarious.

Postal Museum in Paris? There is a postal museum in DC. I went with Girl Scouts a long time ago. Great museum. They have a kiosk you can print postcards and send them.

Saying "Bonjour Monsier/Madamoiselle" in a shop in Paris is helpful. How do you know whether or not to say Madam or Madmoiselle?

Another Starbucks siting!! I had Starbucks this morning. A Venti Pumpkin Spiced Latte. Yummy. I love this time of year when pumpkins are everywhere.

Why were K&K in Starbucks really, really early in the morning? I'm curious.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh, I love your blog! Keep on listening and writing! About the madame & mademoiselle thing, a madame is someone who is married and a mademoiselle is someone who isn't married. At least, that how I learned it. But it's not decent to say mademoiselle to a 70 year old woman who isn't married... Hmm, difficult to explain... I think we need K&K to explain this. I use these words without thinking. That's the nicest thing about living in a country where they have 3 official languages and where you also learn English :)

 
Site Meter