Monday, October 6, 2008

Introduction

Dear K&K,
So, you might be wondering why I decided to start this blog? Well, to submit my entry for episode 200 of course! Plus, K&K are really cool chicks and I've been thinking about blogging about their episodes for quite a while. I started listening to K&K from Flare's blog. I can't remember if I saw a link.. perhaps it was a link from Katia's page? I really can't remember. I do remember seeing a episode 1 link and thought, "hey, I love hearing about people who live from other countries!". That's how it all started. ;-)

I work in a library in my own little cubicle filled to the brim with books. I pretty much sit at my desk 8 hours a day/5 days a week. My work environment is very, very quiet. I hate that it is so quiet, so I fill my days listening to podcasts and BBC Radio while I work.

Sometimes I feel like I'm having a conversation with Katia and Kyliemac. I feel like I've gotten to know them so well with the 180 episodes I've listened to so far. I feel like they are my friends. I love learning about the mish-mash of Australia, Kyliemac's America, and Paris. After each episode I want to talk to someone about the podcast... or to call up the K&K team... Whenever I talk about the podcast to my husband I refer to it as "that podcast I listen to from Paris". Then I thought, "a blog would be great for chatting to K&K!".

And so the journey begins. I am going to start from the beginning from episode 1 and blog about each and every episode. Not really sure how many episodes I will get to by the Dec 1 deadline but I will try my best. ;-)

Get ready... set... go!!!!!

5 comments:

KathyMac said...

EGADS! alicia, this is like THE. COOLEST. IDEA. EVER. i think i can officially say that this is the first entry for our 2nd Episode 200 (which we are rapidly approaching) contest.

i can not WAIT to see how your blog progresses!
:D :D :D

Katia said...

First of all, I cannot tell you how excited I am by this.
Secondly, I cannot wait to see what you have to say!
And thirdly (and this is the comment that the Muffin Man made), I simply can't believe that you are willing to listen to all those episodes again! hehe.

Anonymous said...

Yes, best idea ever! This is going to be a lot of fun :)

KathyMac said...

p.s. the queen mum (mine, that is, not the one in england) said the same thing as the muffin man! :)

Anonymous said...

I can't imagine listening to all the episodes again! Just the idea of hearing Katia slipping up and giving away the Muffin Man's Secret Identity gives me the heebee-jeebees!

 
Site Meter